What is a Facebook page?
A Facebook page, often called as Fan Page is your social public presence by which you can easily share your activities, connects with your fans/clients and announce any upcoming project and plan. Today, most of all world companies and famous celebrities have their official facebook fan pages.
This is not only to show your online presence but also used to engage your business with a specified audience to get your personal and business goals.
Before You Begin:
You must have a Facebook Account. (If you don’t have yet, you can create by clicking here)
In this article,I’ll show ten steps full to create a Facebook Fan Page. Let’s start.
Step 1: How to Create a Facebook Fan Page?
Please these steps:
- Log in to Facebook account
- Move cursor to Top Right in main menu and Click on facing down arrow.
- Click on Create Page option from drop down menu list.
You will see these options;
Click on the most appropriate page type from these options. Here is some guidance regarding these options.
Step 2: Different types of Facebook Pages:
You have to be aware of different types of facebook pages before creating/selecting one. Here are a brief introduction of all these types.
- Select“Local Business” if you own a physical store, a restaurant, a service office, etc. All business that are willing to receive visitors should enter this category, because Facebook will allow you to put your address, open hours, parking options and location with a map. Your visitors also will be able to “check in” your business on Facebook.
- Select “Company, Organization or institution” for businesses that don’t have visitors and also for businesses that have several stores or franchises. E.g. Businesses that offer online services or digital products.
- Select “Brand or Product” if you are a brand and your product or your products are sold or will be sold through more than one retailer or website. e.g. Apple, Samsung.
- For individuals like entertainers, actors, artists or groups like bands that want to promote themselves as public figures the “Artist, Band or Public Figure” is the right choice.
- The “Entertainment” page type is for those businesses that have main focus is to entertain people. E.g. TV Shows, Movies, Books, Magazines, Apps, Games, etc.
- Select “Cause or Community” is for fan pages sharing content not related to a business or a product. There are several fan pages sharing content about general topics like beauty, home decor, games, etc.
Once you have clear about page category, click on that category and you will be asked to give a name for your upcoming fan page that will be displayed as your fan page name, and to select a best a category that describes your upcoming facebook page.
Step 3: Fan Page name and Category:
Once you have decided a page type, click on the picture and you´ll be asked to give a name for your fan page and you´ll have to choose a category that best describes your future fan page.
Step 4: Enter Facebook Page Details
In this step you have to put information details about your facebook page, that will be displayed in About section of that page.
Read this Article: 5 Part-Time Business Ideas, You Can Start Today
Step 5 : Upload Profile Picture:
Profile picture is such a picture which displayed as your upcoming Facebook fan page profile picture. The dimension for that picture must be at least 180 x 180 pixels. For better image results, upload a high resolution pic but less than 100 kb in volume.
Step 6: Add Your Page’s Shortcut on Favorites
Add your new page in your Favorite list as shortcut. It will appear in your side menu at top.
Step 7: Audience Selection:
In this step you are able to setup your preferred page audience. Facebook will show your page mostly to your selected page audience. This setup contains following values;
- Set up Location: You can specify Countries or specific cities.
- Specify Age: You can add an age range between 18 and 65+.
- Select Gender
- Add specific Interests if necessary. You can target people that already show interest in specific topics or even other popular Fan pages.
- Finally, select a Language.
If you want to set up an audience for an existing Fan page, follow these steps:
- Click on “Settings” at the top right on your fan page.
- Find “Preferred Page Audience” on the left sidebar.
Read this Article: 3 ways to Earn money online by Blogging
Step 8: Add Cover Image:
Once your Facebook page is created you can add your page cover by clicking on the “Add Cover” button located at the top right, you can find it easily searching a camera icon.
A drop-down menu will be shown, choose the option “Upload Photo” if you want to add a picture from your computer, there are some other options too.
The ideal size of image for the cover will be shown in 851 x 315 px. It should be at least 400 x 150 px. Remember that Facebook will scale photos under the minimum dimensions. For better results, increase the image resolution at the same scale as the minimum size. Your cover page should be less than 100 KB to avoid resizing.
Step 9: Set Call to Action Button for Your Page:
Not everyone knows how to create a Facebook Fan Page taking advantage of every useful tool that Facebook provides like the “Call to Action” Button.
A “Call to Action” button helps you to drive people to do specific actions like:
- Book Now
- Call Now
- Contact Us
- Send Message
- Use App
- Play Game
- Shop Now
- Sign Up
- Watch Video
- Send Email
- Learn More
Looking at the picture above, you´ll find the “Add a Button” button located on the bottom right of your Facebook cover area. It will show you a set up page for a specific call to action, where you can add the URL of your landing page.
Options like “Send Message” will let you set an automated instant reply message for those who left a message in your inbox.
While you chose your options you can see a desktop and mobile preview of your call to action button on the right.
Step 10: Publish your First Post
Now that you know how to create a fan page on Facebook you must add some content to make it look ready for your first fans. At this step, you may want to know how to get likes on Facebook Page.
You can post text, pictures in different formats, videos and different types of ads on Facebook.
If you want to post your welcome text, you just type your message on the white text field always located below your cover at the right. The default post is set as “Status”.
Below your text, you can add a picture or several pictures and even video by clicking on the “camera” icon located at the bottom of the text field. You can also add emoticons that express feelings and activities next to your message by clicking on the “happy face” icon.
Finally, you can check in a place by clicking on the “check in” typing the place name. You can also schedule a post by clicking “Schedule” option located on the drop down menu. This option allows you to schedule your post and pick a date and time to post it. With the “Backdate” option, you can post something and place it in a specific day and time from the past in your timeline. With the option “Save Draft” you can always save a draft of your post if you need to.
If you want to post pictures or videos click on the “Photo/Video” tab to choose from the different options that Facebook offers.
The menu is very intuitive and the most popular option is the first one. You can also add text to your pictures and videos from this option. Once you are ready, click on the blue button “Publish”.
You can always edit or delete your posts by clicking on the drop-down menu on the top right of your post frame.
Now you know how to create a Facebook fan page, you must fill it with great and unique content. It´s important to post often to keep your followers engaged with your content.
For Urdu Audience, please check our following Video