What is Google Search Console?
Google Search Console formerly called Google Webmaster tools, is a collection of webmaster tools and resources to help website developers, SEO strategic planners, web marketers and other relevant website professionals to monitor and predict website performance in Google Search Index. As per Sir Linksalot on Youtube, this will be quite helpful in the SEO process as it will help narrow down and pinpoint exactly where the website is losing it ranking, and companies can then use this information to ensure rectifications are made.
Google Search Console contains some best features under these tabs to monitor a website’s indexing and ranking:
This tab contains tools related to appearance of a website in Google organic search. It includes Structured Data, Rich Cards, Data Highlighter, HTML improvements, Sitelinks and Accelerated Mobile Pages. Each tool has its own use and most of tools are easy to learn and use.
This tab is related to show details about traffic generated towards your website by Google search engine’s result. This includes Search Analytics to show the search queries, clicks and your web pages ranking for that specific keyword in Google search index. It is much valuable tool. Other tools under this tab are Links to Your Website, Internal Links, Manual Actions, International Targeting and Mobile Usability.
This tab is related to core issues of Google Indexing. Under this tab, first tool is Index Status which shows a graph of your web pages index for last year. Similarly, Content Keyword tool is of worth value. Other tools include Blocked resources and Remove URLs.
One of the best and most useful tab of Google Search Console. This tab is related to Google Search Index bot crawling and its statistics. Tools include Crawl Stats, Crawl Errors, Fetch as Google, robots.txt tester, sitemap and URL parameters. According to me Sitemap and Fetch as Google are one of the best tool in this tab.
This tab shows any security issue related to your website, like hacking or malware detection in your website’s root.
This tab shows some other resources by Google. Like:
- Structured Data Testing Tool: Use the Structured Data Testing Tool to check that Google can correctly parse your structured data markup and display it in search results.
- Structured Data Markup Helper: Not sure how to start with adding structured data markup to your HTML? Try this point-and-click tool.
- Email Markup Tester: Validate the structured data contents of an HTML email using Email Markup Tester.
- Google My Business: Make sure your business looks great on Google Search, Maps and Google+ for free.
- Google Merchant Center: The place to upload your product data to Google and make it available to Google Product Search and other Google services.
- PageSpeed Insights: Use PageSpeed Insights to find out how to make your web pages fast on all devices.
- Custom Search: Harness the power of Google to create a customized search experience for your own website.
- Google Domains: Find a domain name and build a website with Google Domains.
- Webmaster Academy: Learn to create a great website with valuable content and have it findable in Google Search.